Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and what better way to share in the romance of this special day than with a romantic hairstyle. Whether it’s a simple yet sexy updo or masses of beautiful cascading curls, nothing is more alluring than a romantic hairstyle to show off that sexy Valentine’s Day dress.
An Easy Romantic Updo
This simple spiral updo is not only a classic in romance, it’s a style that can easily be re-created.
- Shampoo and condition hair, then allow hair to dry naturally until it is only slightly wet.
- Apply a small amount of smoothing cream to your hair to keep from frizzing.
- With bendy curlers, twist a section of hair onto the curler and secure. Repeat until all of your hair is curled.
- Allow your hair to dry completely.
- Once hair is dry, remove the curlers carefully, then twist into one curl starting at the crown and fasten securely with pins.
- Release the curls around your temple and behind your ears.
- Finally, secure this updo with holding spray.
A Sophisticated Updo
This sleek and smooth updo is perfect for those who are not fond of curls or whose hair simply won’t hold them.
- Starting with clean wet hair, blow dry and smooth with a round brush to give your hair volume.
- Once hair is completely dry, pull it into a loose bun and secure into place with pins at the center of your head.
- Next, brush the bangs to one side to gently frame the face.
- Carefully pull a few pieces of hair from the bun and pin them into wispy loops.
- Spray with a holding spray and finish this look by adding tiny rhinestone pins to the back of the bun.
A Short Romantic Updo
Even if you have short hair, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy the look of a romantic updo.
- Begin by Shampooing and conditioning hair.
- Next, apply a curl-enhancing gel throughout hair and allow hair to dry naturally.
- Using a small barrel curling iron, curl sections of your hair and repeat until you have curled all of your hair.
- Twist the hair off of your neck and pin securely into place.
- Finish this look by randomly inserting rhinestone hairpins where desired.
Over the Shoulder Ringlets.
This romantic style from the past is as unique as it is trendy with ringlets of curls cascading over one shoulder.
- Start by pulling hair on top of the head and secure with a ponytail holder.
- Lightly mist hair with a thermal styling spray.
- Divide the ponytail into sections, curl with a curling iron, then pin each curl into place.
- Gently pull a small section of hair from your temple and curl using a spiral technique.
- Finish the style by spraying the hair with a holding spray.
- The Swirled Updo This five minute create updo gives the illusion that you’ve spent hours on your hair.
- The day before, shampoo and condition your hair. Doing this will allow you to work with the hair a little easier.
- Divide a section of your hair at the top of your head, swirl and pin into place.
- Moving horizontally, continue dividing and swirling sections into place until you have completed the row.
- To secure this style, spray with a holding spray.
You may read Benefits From Eating Spinach.
While the above are just a few romantic hair ideas, don’t forget that they can easily be altered to your own creative style. Try adding a glittery clip or beautiful red rose to complete the look. If you have extremely short hair, smooth hair with a styling crème and add a few rhinestone barrettes. If you love wearing your hair down then try the easy romantic updo without the updo. The possibilities are endless!